The following positions are open at The Community Foundation and its related entities.
Job Openings for NextUp RVA
NextUp RVA is a fast-paced, innovative, and growing organization which delivers an integrated Out of School Time (OST) system that supports and sustains quality after-school programs for middle school youth in Richmond. At its core, NextUp provides opportunities for youth to continue their learning beyond the school day. NextUp is presently an affiliate of The Community Foundation.
TITLE: Director of Development
EMPLOYER: NextUp RVA
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
: The Director of Development creates and implements a strategic approach to fundraising, which includes major gifts from individuals, corporate philanthropy, foundations and government, and strategic partnerships.
- Fundraising: Conduct research, prospecting, and solicit multiple investor sources (including face-to-face asks with individual donors and some grant writing)
- Build development strategy for NextUp: Work with the Executive Director to identify funds needed, funding targets and approaches
- Manage development activities for NextUp: Align overarching organizational and program development efforts with the Executive Director; track, report and communicate fundraising goals and progress; manage data
- Build a robust investor base: Develop and maintain long-term relationships with prospects and investors
- Staff the development committee of the board: Effectively organize the volunteers in identifying, cultivating and soliciting prospects
- Ensure appropriate investor and volunteer stewardship
- Other aspects of NextUp advancement efforts or special initiatives as needed
This position is eligible for benefits and participation in the 403(b) plan. For consideration, please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to The Community Foundation, Attention: Human Resources, 7501 Boulders View Drive, Suite 110, Richmond, VA 23225. No phone calls or agencies, please.