GiveRichmond Giving Card Program
GiveRichmond is a powerful online tool designed to encourage charitable giving within the Richmond and Central Virginia region. It is a central place where nonprofits can tell their story. Likewise, it is a research tool for individuals who wish to make informed decisions about their charitable giving.
The Community Foundation offers the GiveRichmond Giving Card Program as another convenient way to give while helping to support the good work of nonprofits in our area. The value of outstanding cards will be used to support enhancements to the GiveRichmond program.
Individuals may obtain giving cards at their convenience by clicking on "Choose a Giving Card" above. Your recipient can then choose a GiveRichmond charity to benefit from your generosity no later than March 31, 2015.
Terms and Conditions
- Donations to the GiveRichmond Giving Card Program are recognized as irrevocable charitable contributions to The Community Foundation and must be used exclusively for charitable purposes. A charitable deduction for federal income tax purposes can be claimed only by the person who makes the original donation for the Giving Card, not the person who designates the specific charity.
- Giving Cards will be processed during normal business hours of 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday. While we cannot guarantee delivery on a specific date, The Community Foundation will strive to deliver giving cards via electronic mail within 1-2 business days, or by regular mail within 7 business days (dependent on the U.S. Postal Service).
- To ensure delivery for Christmas, donations for Giving Cards must be made on or before December 15, 2014.
- Giving Cards may be used only to support nonprofit organizations featured on www.GiveRichmond.org. The list of eligible charities will be updated regularly as new organizational portraits are published on the site.
- Individual giving card values may not be split among charities. The selected charity will receive a contribution matching the full face value of the card, less fees for direct bank expenses. At the end of each month, all giving card designations to a specific charity will be combined with credit card donations to the charity and will be distributed.
All cards acquired during 2013 must be used no later than March 31, 2015. If a charity is not chosen by the designated expiration date, the value of the giving card will support general charitable purposes of the GiveRichmond program.