What is GiveRichmond?
GiveRichmond is a powerful online tool designed to encourage charitable giving within the Richmond and Central Virginia region. Launched in October 2010, the website provides detailed information about hundreds of local nonprofits. You have an opportunity to enhance your knowledge of community issues, as well as proposed solutions. Lastly, you are able to give directly to the nonprofit of your choice through your donor advised fund or by using your credit card. GiveRichmond drives results-oriented philanthropy by delivering vital, measurable data about the health and mission of local nonprofits, enabling prospective donors to answer key questions before investing:
- What will be achieved with my philanthropic investment?
- Will it make a difference in the areas that concern me most?
- Is it the best possible use of my charitable contribution?
We know that many of today’s donors want to invest in the organizations they support—not just write a check. GiveRichmond delivers the transparency donors need to make the kind of decisions that turn a simple act of giving into a wise investment.
What is the role of The Community Foundation?
GiveRichmond is powered by GuideStar and administered by The Community Foundation. TCF provides training and coaching for nonprofits profiled on the site, and we review every portrait at least annually to ensure that it is complete and up-to-date according to our standards and best practices. In addition, TCF staff enters the financial information provided in each portrait.
One of the priorities of The Community Foundation is to promote philanthropy by educating donors about the region's nonprofit sector. We want to make sure that donors at all giving levels, involved with The Community Foundation or not, have the resources they need to make informed giving decisions. We are also interested in helping our nonprofit partners achieve long-term sustainability by giving them the tools to become more transparent and efficient. We believe that GiveRichmond will help meet all of these needs.
GiveRichmond is made possible by a collaborative of funding partners. They include:
- Bank of America
- Robert G. Cabell, III & Maude Morgan Cabell Foundation
- Cameron Foundation
- Capital One
- The Community Foundation Serving Richmond and Central Virginia
- Dominion Foundation
- The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation
- Jackson Foundation
- Mary Morton Parsons Foundation
- Richmond Memorial Health Foundation
- Robins Foundation
- William H., John G. & Emma Scott Foundation
- United Way of Greater Richmond & Petersburg
- Culture Works
- Elevation Advertising
- Gay Community Center of Richmond
- HandsOn Greater Richmond
- The Hodges Partnership
- J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College
- Southside Community Partners
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Worth Higgins & Associates