TITLE: Finance Officer
REPORTS TO: Sr. Vice President of Finance & Administration
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Finance Officer position is an exempt position which supports the various functions of the Finance department.
• Reconcile and review all monthly trust activity for over 30 trusts, including general accounting, investment performance reporting, Form1099 review, and assisting with the review of the trust tax returns.
• Serve as lead staff for monthly bank reconciliations of checking accounts including TCF Operating, TCF Grants, three regional affiliates, supporting organizations, and other related entities.
• Serve as lead finance staff for the regional affiliates; which includes preparation of quarterly financial reports for the affiliate meetings.
• Prepare general ledger journal entries and monthly reconciliation of various general ledger accounts, including special asset classes such as real estate, beneficial interest in trusts, some receivables and charitable gift annuities.
• Review gift and grant activity for accuracy before posting to the general ledger.
• Assist with general accounting and preparation of quarterly financial statements and Board reports for TCF and supporting organizations.
• Assist with audit preparation for TCF and supporting organizations and IRS Form 990s for TCF and supporting organizations.
• Other duties as assigned by Sr. VP of Finance & Administration.
• A minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required; CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
• A minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience required
• Demonstrated ability to organize and coordinate several activities at one time.
• Strong computer literacy in Microsoft Office and database management.
• Strong analytical, interpersonal and networking skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral skills and attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work independently toward Foundation’s goals.