Regional Grants Management Associate (Part-time)
REPORTS TO: Regional Director
The Grants Management Associate supports all aspects of the grantmaking function for the regional affiliates, the Gloucester Community Foundation, the Mathews Community Foundation, and River Counties Community Foundation and serves as the primary contact for the local nonprofit sector. The Grants Management Associate also supports community activities and project management for the affiliates, particularly those involving collaboration and education of other area funders and non-profit agencies. This is a part-time non-exempt position.
• In conjunction with the Regional Director and TCF’s VP of Programs, help develop and implement a comprehensive grant strategy for Middlesex County (the Urbanna area, particularly).
• In coordination with TCF program, finance and due diligence staff, administer the community grants program for the three affiliates as follows:
o Determine available discretionary grant funding for each affiliate;
o Establish broad funding policies with each affiliate;
o Set deadlines and application requirements, and communicate such to the local non-profit community.
o Receive, log and acknowledge preliminary proposals and full proposals, and run reports;
o Compile grant related materials for affiliate grants committee and Advisory Board meetings;
o Advise grants committees on legal and policy issues related to funding decisions;
o Ensure timely due diligence and processing of approved grants;
o Prepare award and decline letters;
o Maintain multi-year payment schedules and monitor unfunded grant balances..
• In coordination with program staff, oversee the responsibilities of the affiliate scholarship committees, including logistics, deliberations, and final reporting requirements.
• Coordinate GiveRichmond and Amazing Raise efforts within the affiliate regions.
• Assist Regional Director and due diligence team with other program and grant-related tasks in the three affiliates.
• In coordination with Regional Director, attend local non-profit events and participate in collaborative efforts, such as funders’ forums, resource councils and Northern Neck Connection.
• Attend affiliate Advisory Board meetings.
• Provide relationship support in the event of a period of absence for the Regional Director.
• Other duties as assigned.
• A minimum Bachelor’s degree required.
• A minimum of three years experience working with a nonprofit agency preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to organize and coordinate several activities at one time.
• Solid computer literacy in Microsoft Office and database management.
• Strong analytical, interpersonal and networking skills. Able to interact with grant seekers, volunteers, donors and Foundation staff from diverse backgrounds.
• Local knowledge of the region preferred.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral skills and attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work independently toward Foundation’s goals.
• Ability to function effectively as an integral part of a grantmaking and community foundation team.
• The candidate must embrace The Community Foundation’s charitable mission, sharing the staff’s and board’s passion to enhance the quality of community life through our work. The candidate must be able to work collegially and be supportive of all aspects of the Foundation’s work.
**Position is based in TCF’s affiliate region of the lower Northern Neck and Middle Peninsula.**
The Foundation offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package, including 403(b) plan. For consideration, please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to The Community Foundation, 7501 Boulders View Drive, Suite 110, Richmond, VA 23225. No phone calls, please.