Current Available Positions:
TITLE: Communications Associate
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Communications
The Communications Associate position is a full-time, non-exempt position which supports the marketing, outreach and communications activities for the Foundation and related entities.
The Foundation’s Vice President of Communications will be responsible to establish an annual communications work plan that takes into consideration routine information needs and updates, short-term projects and opportunities, and established priorities, such as published annual reports and e-newsletter content, which will be assisted by the Communications Associate.
- Assist with research, gathering information and drafting written communications, as assigned. [eg, annual report, e-newsletter stories, brochures, information materials]
- Lead internal graphic design projects for the Foundation and its related entities. [e.g., create and maintain logos, event programs, special reports, GiveRichmond design]
- Serve as an active member of The Amazing Raise Team by leading advertising and social media efforts, and other duties as assigned.
- Assist with regular updates to TCF’s web site, as well as new information elements as requested.
- Coordinate securing donor and grantee photos for TCF publications, PowerPoint presentations, the web site, etc.
- Prepare annual report lists to TCF’s web site.
- Work in coordination with VP of Communications to create a library of online videos to promote TCF’s work in the community, where primary role is in editing.
- Maintain TCF and GiveRichmond social media presence.
- Assist the Donor Engagement Officer with updating information on the Donor Xpress site, an online portal for TCF donors.
- Assist with the creation, formatting and distribution of event invitations, primarily using Constant Contact.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of communications strategies developed annually and through monthly internal staff meetings.
- Assist VP of Communications in pitching stories and preparing press releases for local media.
- Organize and maintain TCF media archives.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; a minimum of 2-3 years related work experience preferred.
- Proficient in the use of Adobe Creative Suite
- Public relations, journalism or marketing background a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral skills and attention to detail.
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Office required. Working knowledge of Movie Maker, iMovie or other video editing software preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- High level of initiative and creativity.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, cross functional team environment where time-sensitive communications opportunities may factor into changing work plan priorities.
This position is eligible for a comprehensive benefit package including paid time off and participation in a 403(b) retirement plan.
For consideration, resume and cover letter with salary requirements must be received by Friday, May 9, 2014. Forward to Human Resources, The Community Foundation, 7501 Boulders View Drive, Suite 110, Richmond, VA 23225. No phone calls or agencies, please.
* * * * *
TITLE: President & CEO, The Partnership for Nonprofit Excellence
The Partnership for Nonprofit Excellence (PNE) empowers, educates and mobilizes nonprofits, community members, and partners who provide resources and seek solutions that advance the Greater Richmond Region.
The PNE seeks a President & CEO to provide leadership for the PNE in support of its vision and mission. The President & CEO will serve as the principal spokesperson for the PNE with external stakeholders, is a spirited communicator of the PNE mission, and will leverage the resources of the PNE through establishing and strengthening relationships with a broad range of stakeholders, including corporate, foundation and individual investors and community partners. The President & CEO will build organizational capacity and financial sustainability through continued fund development and implementation of the strategic plan in conjunction with the staff team and Board of Directors; provide clear direction, leadership and motivation to the PNE staff team and Board of Directors and direct administrative and financial management of the PNE. This position will play a substantive role in the local and regional dialogue of nonprofit leadership development and capacity building. The President & CEO will ensure programmatic excellence in support of the mission by focusing on consistent and high quality program and service delivery and by ensuring that the PNE is implementing leading nonprofit practices and that it is engaged in the sector.
The successful candidate will:
- Be committed to the success of the nonprofit sector, a strong and creative leader, and be able to articulate a clear vision for the PNE.
- Have a bachelor’s degree; Graduate degree in business administration, public administration or related area a plus.
- Have a minimum of ten years relevant experience. Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrated leadership skills required.
- Have the ability to meet deadlines and to work independently with attention to detail a must.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office and database management required.
This position is eligible for a comprehensive salary and benefits package, including 403(b) plan. EOE. Visit www.pnerichmond.org to view a more detailed job description.
For consideration, resume and cover letter with salary requirements must be received by Monday, April 28, 2014 at 5:00 p.m.
Forward to The Partnership for Nonprofit Excellence, Attention: Human Resources, 7501 Boulders View Drive, Suite 110, Richmond, VA 23225 or email documents to email@example.com.
No phone calls or agencies, please.