Building a Strong Nonprofit Sector
Deeply entrenched in TCF's community grantmaking and leadership work is a solid commitment to build a strong and sustainable network of local nonprofits.
We believe in the work of our nonprofit partners and we are committed to helping them be successful. In fact our own success depends on it. For 20 years, TCF has led the way in designing and supporting programs that help nonprofits access the tools they need to become more effective, efficient and sustainable.
Our community is best served when local organizations develop and maintain strong and engaged board leadership, fiscal transparency, well-trained and knowledgeable staff and a strategic pursuit of their missions.
What We Offer
- Access to resources — We provide a central hub that can connect you to donated items, job listings, meeting space, recent research, templates and more.
- Capacity building grants — We provide special funding to help nonprofits build skills and infrastructure.
- Civic engagement opportunities — We partner with HandsOn Greater Richmond to help match volunteers to meaningful service projects that benefit local organizations.
- Nonprofit directory - We manage GiveRichmond as a way for individuals and organizations to learn about and give directly to nonprofits serving our community.
- Professional development — We offer a classes and workshops designed to prepare nonprofit staff to effectively serve their organizations and further their missions.