Why partner with TCF
When you work with TCF, you will not only have access to a host of charitable giving options for your clients, but also a committed staff with extensive knowledge of the community and the latest trends in philanthropy.
Take a look at the many benefits of working with The Community Foundation:
- Personalized service: We work with you to develop a giving approach that matches your clients' interests and addresses their tax-planning needs. We help integrate charitable giving and engage family members.
- Community knowledge: Our staff monitors community need: human services, education, the environment, healthcare, the arts and economic development. We convene people and organizations to address issues and explore opportunities.
- Investment expertise: TCF is involved in a unique investment partnership with the University of Richmond and Spider Management Company LLC, investment manager for the university's endowment. This partnership gives us access to a mature, well-diversified investment portfolio managed by a seasoned staff with an excellent performance record.
- Experience with non-cash gifts: In addition to gifts of cash and marketable securities, we accept gifts of real estate, closely held businesses and other non-cash assets. We offer trusteeship for charitable trusts where TCF is a beneficiary and we handle trust and private foundation terminations.
- Accountability: We are responsible stewards of your gift. We preserve and execute donor intent in perpetuity. We conduct a full review of all nonprofits prior to grant distributions. We maintain communication with these agencies to ensure that your wishes are fulfilled.
- Flexibility: While we focus on the needs of metropolitan Richmond and Central Virginia, we can make grants to charities outside the region.
- Convenience: You have 24/7 access to your fund information. You can submit online grant recommendations, view your fund balance and review transaction history. You can make additional contributions to your grant via credit card.
- Anonymity: We can establish a fund, accept a gift or make a grant in a way that will protect your privacy.
In a nutshell, we make your job easier. To learn more about TCF, call 804-330-7400 or email Brandon Butterworth, philanthropic services officer.